Pages

Reminiscing

December 7, 2014

The Boar's Head Festival at the new Church, about 1957
Photo from Boar's Head archive

My first time in the Boar's Head was the year that the new church opened. I rode the Yule Log at the ripe old age of 6. In those days there was a different rider for each performance and I don't remember which one I was in. From then through 1983 I never missed a year. For a number of years I was one of the Waits. We used to sneak across the street to Wendy's for lunch in our costumes every year. I remember the time Bob Beiring had a "costume malfunction" while climbing down from the organ loft! The Boar's Head still defines Christmas for me. I wish the Boar's Head Festival and Christ Church the best during this 75th anniversary year!

Richard McDonough



No comments:

Post a Comment